Saturday, July 30, 2005

Illustration Friday: Aging


This is my first post. It's a little late... waiting for paint to dry! I was inspired by my 3-year old's "pretend crabs" chasing her away from her "pretend beach party" today. I am no hermit crab expert, mind you but I understand that as they age, they instinctively know when it is time to trade in their current accommodations for the bigger, better deal. I am currently intrigued by the idea that as people age, they also turn in their "encasements" — sets of ideas, patterns of behavior, stale relationships, etc. and are fully transformed into... brand new CRABS!

8 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Great illo and nice interpretation!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Cyberkitty said...

What a great concept. Exchanging one set of baggage for another as we age! ..... hopefully we learn from our mistakes and choose wiser - ya right, who am I kiddn'. Good job.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

What a lovely example of aging.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Rowantree said...

Nice illo and great concept about aging topic. Welcome to IF !!

4:31 PM  
Blogger carla said...

I love the concept and the illustration!

5:11 AM  
Blogger claudette said...

lovely drawing. what a great interpretation! like rowantree said, welcome to IF!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Great idea. Love the illustration!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home