Saturday, September 03, 2005

Illustration Friday: Roots


And now, from a completely different brain... for this week's subject, I went back to my roots, literally. Digging deep into the depths of my files, I unearthed a defining piece from my past. The topic suggested an exploration of one's source and at its conception, this piece was about the gestation of ideas. As it progressed, it revealed something much darker, as did a lot of my work at the time. It was probably just cooler to be an angst-ridden artist in 1992.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tony Sarrecchia said...

There is something appealing about this...in an 'angst filled' sort of way :)

8:57 PM  
Blogger The Crafty-Girlâ„¢ said...

i like your interpretation of this week's theme...no matter how frightening, there's something comfortable about going back to the place of origin...no matter where that is.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ria,
Happy Birthday by the way. I love this piece, but I completely forgot that I still have the copy that you sent to me (over) 10 years ago. This brings back memories. I don't know if you remember, but we were talking about this piece around that time and I had a piece that had a very similar feel (at least in verbal description) to this one. Don't know if you ever got to see it. I'll try to dig it up and send it to you as a reminiscence. Anyway, great to see it up and very fitting to go back to your earlier work especially around this birthday time (even though you posted it back in September). Hope all is well, love to the fam. Your cuz (for reader clarification and to prove that this comment is not from some stalker). T

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home